- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups of chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon of white pepper
- 3/4 cup of straw, enoki, or sliced shitaki mushrooms
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the stock and mix with the cornstarch until dissolved.
- Place the chicken stock, ginger, soy sauce, green onions, mushrooms and white pepper in a pot and bring to a boil. Add the cornstarch and stock mixture and stir. Reduce heat to a simmer.
- Slowly pour in the beaten eggs while stirring the soup. The egg will spread out into ribbons. Turn off the heat and garnish with a few more chopped green onions. Serve immediately.